28th Annual TOTA Golf Tournament hosted at Fairview Mountain Golf Club
Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association is proud to announce the 28th Annual Golf Tournament in support of the Central Okanagan Food Bank. We have a wide variety of sponsors and industry personnel, and we hope you’ll be joining us this year!
Save the Date
TOTA Annual Golf Tournament
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Whether it’s your first time or you’re a regular, we would love to see you at our tournament, hitting the links, chatting with others in the industry, tasting some local food and beverages and enjoying all that Fairview Mountain, the town of Oliver and the Okanagan have to offer.
Register as soon as you can, as we have an early bird prize up for grabs!
SPECIAL OFFER: Register a TEAM of 4 for $793.80 (Savings of over $84)
Single Registration = $218.95
Guest Dinner Only = $78.25
Central Okanagan Food Bank
We’re thrilled to announce for this year’s golf tournament we are partnering with the Central Okanagan Food Bank (COFB). The COFB is comprised of the Kelowna and West Kelowna locations. They distribute over $3.5 million worth of food per year and rely on the generosity of the community to support the work they do throughout the year.
- They serve approx. 4,000 individuals every month, and in upwards of 100 households per day
- 33% of those they assist are children under the age of 15, 12% are seniors on a fixed income, and 22% are on disability
- 70% of their client base work. However, these clients struggle to make ends meet due to the high cost of living, and low wages
- The average household receives enough food to last about 7-9 days
- On top of their daily walk-in clients, they also provide food to 40 local not-for-profits including: Elevation Outdoors, Teen Challenge, CMHA, the Gospel Mission, the Boys & Girls Club, UBCO’s Food Cupboard, the John Howard Society, Freedom’s Door, the Kelowna Women’s Shelter, and Mamas for Mamas (among many many others). They also support the Breakfast Club Program in over 30 schools
- They have amazing partnerships with a few of the local retail stores, and in doing so have a buying power of 3 to 1 – meaning for every $1.00 donated, they can purchase $3.00 worth of food
Food insecurity and hunger is a very sad reality here in Kelowna and West Kelowna, but is something they strive to advocate for and reduce, every day. As a non-government funded charitable organization, the on-going support of community donations allows us the opportunity to put food on our shelves, and in turn, into the hands of those most vulnerable within our city.
However, they are at an all-time low in inventory. Please bring a donation of food items or money to give to the Central Okanagan Food Bank. They need our help, so let’s band together and support those less fortunate in our beautiful region.
Here are some of the most-needed items:
- Mac & Cheese
- Canned Tuna/Salmon
- Peanut Butter
- Healthy Cereals
- Pasta / Pasta Sauce
- Canned Soups
- Canned Fruit/Veg
- Granola Bars
- Baby Food
- Diapers (sizes 5 & 6)
- Chunky Soups
You can chat with them at our golf tournament on hole #2! Additionally, you can support this organization through direct donations and the 50/50 draw.
Support them here: cofoodbank.com
Thanks to all our 2018 Golf Tournament Sponsors!