Make Your Tourism Experience Remarkable
The Remarkable Experiences Program is a one-of-a-kind tourism program in Canada presented in partnership with Destination BC and Thompson Okanagan Tourism. It is designed to support BC tourism operators in developing and delivering outstanding, visitor-focused experiences while enhancing their digital and social media marketing efforts.
Fall 2018 session taking place in Cache Creek/Ashcroft
September 27 & 28 and October 25 & 26, 2018
Thompson Okanagan and Gold Rush Trail
* Wildfire Recovery – to be held in Cache Creek/Ashcroft
In-class session dates: September 27 & 28, October 25 & 26, 2018
Registration now open
** Please see the list of communities eligible for funding through the Community Futures Wildfire Transition Program below.
* Funding for Wildfire impacted businesses may be available through the Community Futures Wildfire Business Transition Program (training section).
Participants will pay for this program and then apply for possible reimbursement from Community Futures. For further information contact email@example.com.
To access the funding guidelines and application please visit: www.cfwildfire.ca/training_programs/. Funds are limited and allocated on a first come first serve basis so register early and apply for the funding quickly! Funding deadline is September 30, 2018.
** Eligible Communities for BC Wildfire Support Project (Businesses can register in either the TOTA or CCCTA Wildfire Recovery sessions but must stay with their cohort group for both modules)
Through in-class learning, personalized coaching, and access to leading information and resources, stakeholders are provided tools to attract more visitors, deliver exceptional experiences, and gain more recommendations and referrals.
Remarkable Experiences Background
In 2015 TOTA hosted a pilot Remarkable Experiences program with 10 businesses located on or deriving business through the Kettle Valley Rail Trail. Since that time, we have run programs annually. In 2016, we worked with 25 regional businesses to create or improve their Winter Product offering. In the fall of 2017, we helped host a Community Cluster in the Sun Peaks and Kamloops areas, which saw community stakeholders collaborating on their various approaches. And finally, in the Winter of 2018, we will be hosting an Okanagan based program focused on Culinary Stakeholders.
Here is what a few of the participants had to say about the program:
Three separate workshops are delivered over four days as part of the program, as well as up to six hours of one-on-one personal coaching sessions with subject experts.
- Module One (2 full days)
- Experience Design — Designing a remarkable experience does not have to be difficult or expensive. In this workshop stakeholders review the basics of creating guest experiences by looking at best practice examples large and small and applying learning’s to their own product.
- Module Two (1 full day)
- Digital Workshop — Is your website really as effective as it could be? This portion of the program guides stakeholders through all the elements that help get their business an online presence that will get noticed and help close the sale.
- Module Three (1 full day)
- Social Media — Activate advocates on social media. Learn about the top social media channels for tourism and the concepts to get people talking about your business online.
- Coaching (1 1/2 hour sessions)
- Put ideas into action with up to 1.5 hours of one on one personalized coaching led by subject experts in each area.