Make Your Tourism Experience Worth Remarking About
The Remarkable Experiences Program is a one-of-a-kind tourism program in Canada presented in partnership with Destination BC and Thompson Okanagan Tourism. It is designed to support BC tourism operators in developing and delivering outstanding, visitor-focused experiences while enhancing their digital and social media marketing efforts.
Register Now the Winter session taking place January 23 & 24 and February 21 & 22, 2018
Through in-class learning, personalized coaching, and access to leading information and resources, stakeholders are provided tools to attract more visitors, deliver exceptional experiences, and gain more recommendations and referrals.
Remarkable Experiences Background
In 2015 TOTA hosted a Remarkable Experiences Pilot Program with 10 businesses located on or deriving business through the Kettle Valley Rail Trail, in 2016 the program saw 25 regional businesses participate working to create or improve their Winter Product offering and in the fall of 2017 we had a Community Cluster area which was hosted by Sun Peaks, Kamloops with some surrounding area stakeholders attending as well. Here is what a few of the participants had to say about the program:
Three separate workshops are delivered over four days as part of the program, as well as up to six hours of one on one personal coaching sessions with subject experts.
- Module One (2 full days)
- Experience Design — Designing a remarkable experience does not have to be difficult or expensive. In this workshop stakeholders review the basics of creating guest experiences looking at best practice examples large and small and applying learning’s to their own product.
- Module Two (1 full day)
- Digital Workshop — Is your website really as effective as it could be? This portion of the program guides stakeholders through all the elements that help get your business a online presence that will get you noticed and help to close the sale.
- Module Three (1 full day)
- Social Media — Activate advocates on social media. Learn about the top social media channels for tourism and the concepts to get people talking about your business online.
- Coaching (1 1/2 hour sessions)
- Put ideas into action with up to 1.5 hours of one on one personalized coaching led by subject experts in each area.