Elevating Winter Products to Drive Tourism Revenues
The Wonder of Winter program has been designed to present the Thompson Okanagan to the consumer as a premier winter destination. Working with our stakeholders and communities TOTA will be assisting in creating a new sense of vibrancy to the region’s winter story that elevates experiences, animates the valley destinations and increases the length of stay of our winter visitors.
Key to this initiative is the development of a comprehensive inventory of winter product, itinerary development and the creation of partnerships that will assist in motivating and moving guests on and off our ski resorts to enjoy cities and surrounding area experiences.
Through a greater understanding of non-ski winter products and encouragement of partnerships we will work to promote new non-traditional winter products such as weddings, spa, culinary, special festivals and events that will complement traditional ski products in our region.
Wonder of Winter Priorities
- Wonder of Winter comprehensive on and off mountain inventory of products and activities
- Content development for travel media, social media and travel trade
- Research/Training — utilizing EQ and Prizm in our key markets to identify potential consumer base
- Remarkable Experiences workshop with DBC to focus on Wonder of Winter product development and promotion
- Wonder of Winter Product Development — signature winter experience development over a 2–3 year period
- Winter Access — work with industry to improve air and road winter access
Register Your Winter Experience with Route97.net
This web site content highlights key experiences that link direct to operators and is available to any stakeholder in the region to register for the program.