Join an exciting team and award-winning organization focused on the advancement of the Tourism Industry in the Thompson Okanagan Region!
The challenging mandate of Thompson Okanagan Tourism is to promote, foster and develop tourism within the region by planning and implementing innovative marketing and stakeholder development projects, showcasing the region to the world, organizing stakeholder training programs and special events, attracting and building new tourism markets, and forging leading-edge partnerships with numerous public, private, and non-profit agencies.
Come grow, learn and contribute to the Thompson Okanagan lifestyle by joining TOTA.
We encourage all applicants to visit our website to learn more about our organization at totabc.org
Travel Media & Digital Marketing Specialist
We are currently seeking a full-time travel media and digital marketing specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with travel media and marketing, be confident managing multiple priorities and deadlines, and be up-to-date with new advancements in technology and digital trends.
- A degree in marketing, tourism, and/or business or related discipline
- At least 5 years of related experience in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Previous experience blogging and/or developing written content
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the regional tourism industry
- Deep understanding of the intricacies of tourism experience packaging and branding
- Knowledge of the relevant sectors including current capacity, trends, issues, challenges, is valued
- Commitment to sustainable tourism and hospitality practices, challenges and solutions
- Excellent problem solving and judgment
- Impeccable communication skills (verbal, in writing, and public speaking)
- Strong creative writing skills
- Passion for social media
- Capable information management skills
- Strong organizational skills including prioritization, time management, etc.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office and productivity software
- Previous experience with Explorer Quotient (EQ) and Prizm programs is appreciated
- Ability to maintain a strategic focus while delivering operational results
- Well-connected within the region
- Passion and demonstrated aptitude for working collaboratively and building effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Goal oriented
- Shows initiative
- Able to work independently
- Able to represent TOTA well in all circumstances
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Current valid passport and ability to travel on occasion
- Able to work flexible hours as required
Job Application Process:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration no later than August 30, 2019. We look forward to receiving your email (no phone calls or walk-ins, please).