Join an exciting team and award-winning organization focused on the advancement of the Tourism Industry in the Thompson Okanagan Region!
The challenging mandate of Thompson Okanagan Tourism is to promote, foster and develop tourism within the region by planning and implementing innovative marketing and stakeholder development projects, showcasing the region to the world, organizing stakeholder training programs and special events, attracting and building new tourism markets, and forging leading-edge partnerships with numerous public, private, and non-profit agencies.
Come grow, learn and contribute to the Thompson Okanagan lifestyle by joining TOTA.
We encourage all applicants to visit our website to learn more about our organization at totabc.org
- Travel Trade and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Indigenous Tourism Development Coordinator
Travel Trade and Digital Marketing Specialist
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association is the official representative of Destination British Columbia headquartered in Kelowna, BC, whose primary goal is to strengthen the position of the Thompson Okanagan as a preferred destination for travellers. We are one of five regional destination management organizations in British Columbia working under the Super, Natural British Columbia brand working diligently to support the ongoing growth and sustainability of our tourism industry.
We are currently seeking a full-time travel trade and digital marketing specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with travel trade sales and marketing, be confident managing multiple priorities and deadlines, and be up-to-date with new advancements in technology and digital trends.
- Degree or diploma in marketing or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of travel trade industry experience including sales and marketing initiatives to attract both domestic and international visitation
- 3 years of digital marketing experience including the management of digital advertising campaigns and large cross-channel consumer marketing programs.
- Detailed understanding of social media platforms.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of the tourism industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, impeccable communication skills (both verbal and written), strong relationship-building skills, and capable information management skills.
- Organization-focused with proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Project management experience and ability to maintain a strategic focus while delivering operational results.
- Passion and demonstrated aptitude for working collaboratively, building effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development, goal-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Facebook (Business Manager, Power Editor), YouTube, Twitter, Tripadvisor, Instagram.
- Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Google Analytics, SEO, SEM preferred.
- Guest services experience or additional languages an asset.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration no later than June 1st , 2018. We look forward to receiving your email but no phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Indigenous Tourism Development Coordinator
Job Type: Summer Student (May 2018-September 2018)
City, Province: Kelowna, British Columbia
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (35 hours/week) *Occasional evenings or weekends may be required.
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) is looking for a super talented Indigenous Development Coordinator to help launch and advance exciting indigenous projects in the Thompson Okanagan. If you have a passion for Indigenous culture, art and history, and a strong desire to create programs that enhance innovative indigenous programs – this is the job for you.
It’s going to be a busy year at TOTA with the launch our Biosphere Designation, Indigenous Artisan Program, and Rail Trail Initiatives defining the future of sustainable tourism both at home and abroad. We need a few great “summer students” to help make it happen. So, what are you waiting for? Send your resume our way – today!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning indigenous aligned events in support of complex projects, and project launches;
- Assist in creating, and validating an indigenous artisan data-base to serve as an authentic supply system for tourism operators;
- Strong concept development skills coupled with the ability to communicate ideas, and desired initiatives through verbal and print communications;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to maximize the reach and impact of events and related project activities that advance the introduction and adoption of indigenous programs to market;
- Work with partners, internal and external, to vet content, images, and messages for accuracy;
- Able to work simultaneously with a team to develop and implement comprehensive and integrated plans for each project, and to create a complex post-evaluation of all project;
- Able to collect and interpret data through surveys, feedback loops, one-to-one interfaces, and the interpretation of data gathered through external programs such as Telus Insights;
- Strong project planning, budgeting, and time management skills;
- Demonstrated project management and development skills;
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written;
- Demonstrated passion for indigenous culture;
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required;
- Able to work under pressure within tight timelines;
- Knowledge of the tourism industry is an asset;
- Be a returning student;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- Be available to conduct events on evenings and weekends;
- Be physically able lift 50 pounds if required;
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association
Attention: Ellen Walker-Matthews
We thank everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Phone calls will not be accepted
Closing Date: May 31, 2018