Join an exciting team and award winning organization focused on the advancement of the Tourism Industry in the Thompson Okanagan Region!
The challenging mandate of Thompson Okanagan Tourism is to promote, foster and develop tourism within the region by planning and implementing innovative marketing and stakeholder development projects, showcasing the region to the world, organizing stakeholder training programs and special events, attracting and building new tourism markets, and forging leading-edge partnerships with numerous public, private, and not-profit agencies.
Come grow, learn and contribute to the Thompson Okanagan lifestyle by joining TOTA.
Digital Marketing Specialist – CLOSED (no longer accepting resumes)
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association is a non-profit organization located in Kelowna, BC, whose primary goal is to strengthen the position of the Thompson Okanagan as a preferred destination for travellers. We are one of five regional destination marketing organizations in British Columbia working under the Super, Natural British Columbia brand and work diligently to support the ongoing growth and sustainability of our tourism industry.
We are currently seeking a full-time digital marketing specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience with consumer marketing campaigns, be confident managing multiple priorities and deadlines, and be up-to-date with new advancements in technology and digital trends.
- Degree or diploma in marketing or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of digital marketing experience including the management of digital advertising campaigns and large cross-channel consumer marketing programs.
- Detailed understanding of social media platforms.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of the tourism industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, impeccable communication skills (both verbal and written), strong relationship-building skills, and capable information management skills.
- Organization-focused with proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Project management experience and ability to maintain a strategic focus while delivering operational results.
- Passion and demonstrated aptitude for working collaboratively, building effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development, goal-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Facebook (Business Manager, Power Editor), YouTube, Twitter, Tripadvisor, Instagram.
- Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Google Analytics, SEO, SEM preferred.
- Guest services experience or additional languages an asset.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration no later than Feburary 6, 2018. We look forward to receiving your email but no phone calls or walk-ins, please.